The UNM Academic Testing Center & Proctoring Services offers the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER, a computer adaptive test, for students seeking scores in English, Reading, and Mathematics. Results with placement recommendations are printed immediately after completion of the test(s). These tests are for placement only, not for course credits. The mathematics and English departments use the highest scores for placement. Contact the Testing Center, located at the Casas del Rio – Main Campus, at 277-5346 for additional information.
There is a $5.00 fee for taking each Accuplacer test. (Please visit our payment tab for details) All fees are non-refundable.
- Testing by appointment only.
- Testing hours are Monday-Friday from 8am-2pm (Some exceptions may apply based on availability and/or staffing).
- MATH: ACCUPLACER offers three tests for Math placement. Academic Testing Center & Proctoring Services cannot advise students on the correct test to take. Please speak to your advisor before requesting to schedule for this test.
- Students may only take the placement test(s) once per day.
- You must have a current photo ID or your UNM student ID number to test.
- Personal calculators are not allowed but an onscreen calculator (basic and scientific) will be provided from within the exam when allowed.
- Sample test questions can be viewed online at Accuplacer.